Conflict in the second port of Novatel Wireless?

Miguel Angel Alvarez ma.alvarez at ziv.es
Wed Feb 28 05:03:49 EST 2007

Hi

I have upgraded my system based in a MFC5200 (power pc) from linux
2.6.15 and pcmcia-cs to 2.6.20 and pcmciautils.

I work with different pcmcia cards, and have not encountered problems
but in one (Novatel U630).

In the past, just one serial port is found, and everything worked. Now,
two serial ports are found; one is asigned to ttyS0 and the second to
ttyS1. However, when I try to send AT commands to one of them, they fail.

I have been digging into the code, and see nothing strange, so finally
yesterday I decided to hack ds.c and its bus_match function to skip the
matching of the second port.

Now the first port works... Any clues?

Thanks

Miguel Ángel Álvarez

----------------------------------------- PLEASE NOTE -------------------------------------------
This message, along with any attachments, may be confidential or legally privileged.
It is intended only for the named person(s), who is/are the only authorized recipients.
If this message has reached you in error, kindly destroy it without review and notify the sender immediately.
Thank you for your help.
ZIV uses virus scanning software but excludes any liability for viruses contained in any attachment.

Este mensaje y sus anexos pueden contener información confidencial y/o con derecho legal.
Está dirigido únicamente a la/s persona/s o entidad/es reseñadas como único destinatario autorizado.
Si este mensaje le hubiera llegado por error, por favor elimínelo sin revisarlo ni reenviarlo y notifíquelo inmediatamente al remitente. Gracias por su colaboración.
ZIV utiliza software antivirus, pero no se hace responsable de los virus contenidos en los ficheros anexos.