Yenta Socket work with 32-bit card but not 16-bit

David Clark dlclark at chtech.com
Thu Feb 15 15:44:58 EST 2007

> Could you try out what happens if you disable "CONFIG_ISA" in your
kernel
> config (which in turn should switch of CONFIG_PCMCIA_PROBE)?

I have been running with both CONFIG_ISA and CONFIG_PCMCIA_PROBE
disabled.  In fact, I can't seem to find the corresponding options in
menuconfig.

> Most likely this is the root of the problem.

Great, at least I'm making progress.

Not sure if this is related but one thing I just noticed is that
allocated PCI resources stop at 0xBFFFFFFF, excluding the serial device
which is part of the processor Embedded Utilities Memory Block (EUMB)
which is explicitly set at 0xfc000000.  If I recall correctly, the PCI
bus resources are assigned starting with the high addresses and working
downwards.  Therefore the highest PCI address is 0xbfffffff.  The kernel
is configured to start at 0xc0000000; however, this is a virtual address
corresponding to physical address 0.  Is there a correlation or is it
just coincidence that the pci devices end at 0xbfffffff and the kernel
starts at 0xc0000000.  Note that there is a gap of available space
between 0x80400000 and 0xbf8fefff.

/proc/iomem
80000000-fcffffff : PCI host bridge
  80000000-803fffff : PCI CardBus #02