using PCMCIA driver for CF access

Peter Stuge stuge-linux-pcmcia at cdy.org
Tue Apr 17 21:45:45 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 08:46:35AM +0200, Michael wrote:
> Hi.
> It's a long story:
> The reason is the HW configuration of the board I have.
> The CF is connected to the host bus in memory mode.
> In this mode, the CF does not issue interrupts, and utilizing the
> IDE code in its current state to work in polling mode is a
> significant effort.

Aha. And you have no IDE controller. How about linux-mtd then?

> We could enable the interrupts in PC Card ATA IO mode, but not in
> TRUE IDE mode. The interface in PC Card ATA mode is, well, PC Card
> ATA (PCMCIA) compatible.

Right, but there's no PCMCIA controller on your host bus, only the
PCMCIA card.

> This make PCMCIA driver a natural choice

Not really.. You would have to implement a PCMCIA controller in
software. :(

I think linux-mtd does what you want, but I haven't used it myself
OTOH.

//Peter