using PCMCIA driver for CF access

Michael michaelzwrk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 02:46:35 EDT 2007

Hi.
It's a long story:
The reason is the HW configuration of the board I have.
The CF is connected to the host bus in memory mode.
In this mode, the CF does not issue interrupts, and utilizing the IDE
code in its current state to work in polling mode is a significant
effort.
We could enable the interrupts in PC Card ATA IO mode, but not in TRUE IDE mode.
The interface in PC Card ATA mode is, well, PC Card ATA (PCMCIA) compatible.
This make PCMCIA driver a natural choice - though it has
extra-capabilities I won't use (and probably will have to disable).
That's about it.

/Michael