Changing the IO window of the cardbus bridge

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 12:46:26 EST 2006

> > How can I change this IO window to another location to see if it works?
>
> You can also add other IO ports to /etc/pcmcia/config.opts (where
> include port 0x4000-0x4fff already seems to be present), e.g.
>
> include port 0x100-0x3af
> include port 0x3e0-0x4ff
> include port 0x820-0x8ff
> include port 0xc00-0xcf7

I have all that all ready.

From my config.opts:

==========
include port 0x100-0x3af
include port 0x3e0-0x4ff
include port 0x820-0x8ff
include port 0xc00-0xcf7

include memory 0xc0000-0xfffff
include memory 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff
include memory 0x60000000-0x60ffffff

# These may hurt on FSC.
# include port 0x3c0-0x3d2
# Exclude 0x3d3 as Radeon IGP MCE's if you touch these ports
# include port 0x3d4-0x3df

# High port numbers do not always work...
include port 0x1000-0x100f

# Extra port range for IBM Token Ring
include port 0xa00-0xaff

exclude port 0x4040-0x404f
========

Notice that I am also trying to exclude the IO range its using but
that dosen't seem to take.  It still tries to use that area

The kernel seems to think think these ranges are ok...

cs: IO port probe 0x100-0x3af: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0x3e0-0x4ff: excluding 0x4d0-0x4d7
cs: IO port probe 0x820-0x8ff: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0xc00-0xcf7: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0x1000-0x100f: clean.
cs: IO port probe 0xa00-0xaff: clean.

Hmmm.. I just noticed that my 0x4040-0404f did not shown up.  Should it have?

If those other ranges are considered clean then why is it choosing
0x4040 & 0x404e?

--
Richard A. Smith