compact flash stops working 2.6.3/8 -> 2.6.15.4

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Mon Mar 27 05:34:41 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 10:18:21PM +0100, Peter T. Breuer wrote:
> The debian init.d script starts cardmgr unless the kernel release is
> one of an excepted few. The few runs to 2.6.12 and not beyond. I am
> running 2.6.15.4.

As Dominik says, that's intentional.

> BTW, this is not reliable folks ... the kernel version can be any
> string! One wants to test capabilities, not release strings.

If somebody tells me about a capability that I can test instead of
looking at the kernel version number, I'd be more than happy to do so.
Until that, this was the best method I had available to me.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at debian.org]