kernel 2.6.15 - no high memory space available

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Wed Mar 1 09:49:17 EST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 03:29:38PM +0100, Thomas Moritz wrote:
> In the last time, i have insert a new harddisk for testing only.
> Since update from sysfs, the "/pcmcia/config.opts" has no effect?

It is still used by pcmciautils if it was compiled with STARTUP set to
"yes".

> It's better, when i removing package "sysfs"? Or where can i setup
> the memory region?

In /etc/pcmcia/config.opts you can add additional memory regions to test.
Somehow all these fail on your system... Which makes me assume that
something is broken with regard to resource allocation on this system. Have
you updated the BIOS lately? If not, please try it out.

> Another question: Older kernel used "i82365" for my device. The last
> kernel 2.6.15 used "yenta_socket". Is this correct?
Yes.

Can you try

modprobe yenta_socket bios_override=1

please?