ROTAC Cardbus bridge RL5c476 and pcmcia problem

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed Jun 28 14:50:10 EDT 2006

Hello!

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 10:15 -0700, Siddarth Gore wrote:
> I am doing the following::::::::::
> modprobe ath_pci
> iwconfig
>
> I dont see any error messages but nothing seems to be working. I am
> new to this pcmcia stuff so any pointers will be much appriciated.

ath_pci is not a PCMCIA driver.  It's a PCI driver that can work with
CardBus cards.

> ath_hal: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
> ath_hal: 0.9.16.16 (AR5210, AR5211, AR5212, RF5111, RF5112, RF2413, RF5413)
> wlan: 0.8.4.2 (svn 1454)
> ath_rate_sample: 1.2 (svn 1454)
> ath_pci: 0.9.4.5 (svn 1454)

The module is loaded but it cannot find the hardware (unless you removed
the subsequent messages about the hardware).

You need to check lspci output to see if the card is detected and
compatible with the driver.

> First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,
> then you win.

If you keep using pcmcia-cs with newer kernels, it will be the other way
around :-)

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin