FC5 not properly configuring modem of multifunctionmodem/ethernet card

Stanley A. Klein sklein at cpcug.org
Tue Jul 11 13:38:42 EDT 2006

Romano -

I'm also following the list through the web interface.  Here for
others to follow is your quoted message copied from the web:

**************************
Hi,

     this seems very similar to my problem with ubuntu dapper. (See my
mail here sent two days ago). Unfortunately, until now I had found no
solution. Maybe you're luckier... have you tried to copy the *.dat file
into /lib/firmware/ ?

At the suggestion of Jar, I tried copying the file to /lib/firmware.
It didn't work.  It looks like the file is not correct for the card I
have.  My card is a 3Com Corporation 3C562D/3C563D EtherLink III
LAN+Modem PC Card.  The information in the cis file that is related to
the dat is different than for my card.  Although they are both 3Com
multifunction LAN/modem cards, mine is an older model with different
product naming.

What card do you have?

Stan Klein