Regarding Automatic loading of PCMCIA client driver

kaustav.majumdar at wipro.com kaustav.majumdar at wipro.com
Mon Feb 6 23:13:33 EST 2006

Hi Dominik,
Thank you for your reply.... Another issue regarding power management of
a PCMCIA device I want to clarify.

I had seen from the 2.6 PCMCIA mini- Howto that cardctl suspend is
equivalent to:
echo -n "3" > /sys/class/pcmcia_socket/pcmcia_socket*/device/power/state

Now state 3 means "Suspend to RAM", so in that case my understanding is
that the device will be powered off. I had also experimented with a
D-Link WLAN card and there on cardctl suspend the LED does not glow.
I want to verify whether this understanding is right or not? And I think
if the device will be powered off then we can safely release the
configuration.

Secondly, what if I will give "1" in place of "3" that is if I will go
for "Standby" state..... then what should be the behavior of the device?
In that case will a CS_EVENT_PM_SUSPEND come??? Or something else will
happen?

Looking forward to your reply

Thank you,
With Regards,