Oops: machine check, sig: 7 [#1] - 16-bit Pccard - CardBus OK

Edward Felberbaum efelberbaum at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 6 12:45:14 EDT 2006

Sorry for responding so late but I was sidetracked by several issues.

>From: Dominik Brodowski <linux at dominikbrodowski.net>
>To: Edward Felberbaum <efelberbaum at hotmail.com>
>CC: linux-pcmcia at lists.infradead.org
>Subject: Re: Oops: machine check, sig: 7 [#1] - 16-bit Pccard - CardBus OK
>Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:27:20 +0100
>
>Hi,
>
>On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 06:59:52PM +0000, Edward Felberbaum wrote:
> > cs: memory probe 0xfd000000-0xfdffffff:Machine check in kernel mode.
>
>Can you try booting with the boot parameter
>
>reserve=0xfd000000-0xfdffffff
>
>?

I added the above reserve to the boot parameters, it shows up on the Kernel
command line in dmesg,  but dmesg still displays

pcmcia: parent PCI bridge Memory window: 0xfd000000 - 0xfdffffff

I would have expected the above line to not appear - use a different memory
range due to the kernel command line "reserve".

When I insert a PCMCIA card, it still gets the machine check.

It seems that the reserve does not work.  Memory range 0xfd000000-0xfdffffff
is NOT excluded.

What should I do?

Eddie