trying to get unknown Linksys 802.11b cardbus card running.

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Sep 19 13:19:27 EDT 2005

2.6.13, pcmcia-3.2.8, pcmciautils-005, hotplug-2004_03_23,
thinkpad 390E and 600E, dual boot with w2k

nothing on insertion (no beeps, nothing in /var/log/* or
/var/log/hotplug/events).

lspci shows
"Linksys: unknown device 8201"

The card just says "CardBus PC Card" but checking the serial
number in google, I find it's by Xterasys. The card works
fine under w2k on the same machines (have driver on CD), but
checking the hardware/driver info in windows doesn't give
any more info as to what wort of card it is.

I was expecting the logs to show the MAC address (or
something) at least.

In case this is a rebadged standard card, what do I do to
figure out what it is and get the driver for it?

Thanks Joe