Missing hotplug.functions

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Sun Sep 18 09:05:52 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 05:03:03PM +1000, Roger W. Brown wrote:
>   After installing pcmciautils-010 and hotplug-ng-002, onto a
> clean system, I find that the file "hotplug.functions" is missing.
>
> This script is referenced by the utilities installed in /etc/hotplug
> by pcmciautils.  It this a packaging error ?

Hm. Possibly pcmciautils requires full hotplug then, and hotplug-ng isn't
enough... If you use udev, just use the new udev support for pcmciautils
available in -010 and then you won't need hotplug.functions :)

> It's simple to find a copy.  Are there any other scripts that I should
> collect and install ?

Not that I'm aware of. However, I'm not so sure anymore that hotplug-ng does
call the hotplug scripts of pcmciautils correctly. SO I'd suggest that you
either switch to "normal" hotplug or udev.

Thanks,