Very bad pcmcia regression

Nicolas e.conti at gmx.net
Mon Sep 12 19:30:32 EDT 2005

:-/

I'm stuck... I compiled a 2.6.13 kernel, and I got a kernel panic at
boot. I compiled a 2.6.12 kernel, and I still got a kernel panic at
boot.
My 16bits PCMCIA<->CF adaptor does not work anymore on my system:
nothing is written in /var/log/messages when I insert it, even if the
PCMCIA slot and the card is ok (tested on another system).
Cardbus cards still works on my 2.4.24 kernel. But the only 32bits CF
reader I know of is the Lexar one, which isn't in the supported hardware
list.

... and I need my computer in less than 10 days. I'm a semi pro
photographer, and I cover an important motorbike event which lasts for
10 days. I use my Thinkpad 600E to download pictures on my hardisk.

That's REALLY annoying. I'll have to install that piece of sh.. called
Windows on my computer just because something is broken with PCMCIA on
2.4.24. I thought that kernel would be supported for more time. Will
Linux be as Windows in a few years? I mean, no more support for kernels
older than a few years... :-/

Nicolas.

--
-- Kawasaki-Nikon-Linux ---  ._ /\_>