Testing new HSDPA card

Magnus Öberg slumpnamn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 10:32:59 EST 2005

Hi again,

I have added some comments below.

On 11/8/05, Dominik Brodowski <linux at dominikbrodowski.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This card seems to be a 32-bit CardBus program:
>
> >  0000:06:00.0 Network controller: Unknown device 1931:000c
>
> (or did you have another CardBus/PCMCIA card inserted into the notebook at
> the time?)

No I did not have any other card inserted. I can see that it indeed is
a 32 bit card from

cardctl status:
Socket 0:
  no card
Socket 1:
  3.3V CardBus card
  function 0: [ready]

> >  It is a Snapgear linux version based on the 2.4 kernel. Sofar I have
> > failed to even detect the card.
>
> Does it _not_ show up as 01:00.0 or 05:00.0 in lspci?

No, no signs of it. Maybe I have mised something when I compiled the kernel?
In this case pcmcia is compiled into the kernel while on the laptop it
was compiled as a module. Can that affect the result?

> >  There the card is detected but nothing happens. I guess that there is
> > no mapping to a driver.
>
> Indeed it looks this way. Check for the appropriate PCI/CardBus driver for
> such a device -- I have no idea, unfortunately, whether such a driver
> exists.

OK, thank you for your answer. I have now one more question:
There is no sign of action in any of the logfiles when the card is
inserted. Shouldn't there at least be some note about "unknown card
inserted" in the logs?

/Magnus Öberg