Anonymous Memory

Jar jar at pcuf.fi
Mon May 30 17:50:37 EDT 2005

dee wrote:

> Thanks very much Jar for trying to help me here.
>
> Unfortunately i'm not sure what to edit in my /etc/init.d/pcmcia script to
> make this work, or why it should be a problem.

So you don't know which one is the correct driver for your pcmcia
bridge? Is it ISA or PCI card?

config I82092
=============
tristate "i82092 compatible bridge support"
depends on PCMCIA && PCI
help
This provides support for the Intel I82092AA PCI-to-PCMCIA bridge
device,found in some older laptops and more commonly in evaluation
boards for the chip.

config I82365
=============
tristate "i82365 compatible bridge support"
depends on PCMCIA && ISA
help
Say Y here to include support for ISA-bus PCMCIA host bridges that
are register compatible with the Intel i82365.  These are found on
older laptops and ISA-bus card readers for desktop systems.  A
"bridge" is the hardware inside your computer that PCMCIA cards are
plugged into.

--
Best Regards, Jar