io mode driver for ata flash card

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Tue Mar 29 16:13:42 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 02:59:13PM -0500, Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> However there is a problem : true ide is disabled in io mode. And
> that's the primary storage device for many devices, including Psions
> and Simpad where people have usually as little as 16 Mb of flash.

Almost no part of this makes any sense at all.

You can't use True IDE mode, unless you modify your hardware; the
socket you've plugged this card in does not support that mode.  You
can use both card functions simultaneously in IO mode, and the
wireless function can only work in IO mode.

Can you post the output of 'dump_cis' for the card?  The code for
supporting the WiFi side of the card looks pretty screwed up to me.

-- Dave