Problems with serial_cs and kernel 2.6

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Mar 1 18:33:09 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 09:15:37PM +0100, Mathias Adam wrote:
> I hope this list addresses the serial_cs module; if not please point me
> to where it's supported...

Not really the correct place, but since I'm also here...

> I'm trying to install a Socket Bluetooth Compactflash Card (Revision H)
> in my Thinkpad X21. This card has a UART-like interface (should be a
> 16C950) and so I need to use the serial_cs module before BlueZ can
> access it (over the serial module).

It's probably something to do with the upper levels of the serial code.
>From what I remember, the 950 devices have a non-standard crystal
connected to them, but they compensate for that by adjusting some of
the internal divisors.

Unfortunately, when 8250 opens the port, it resets the 950 device,
which undoes this compensation.

Now, I did have such a card on loan from someone, but the fixes never
got merged before the card was returned.  Since then, the bluetooth
seconds of this card have failed.  However, it may still be useful for
checking out this problem, and despite promises to send it to me, it
hasn't arrived to date.

I don't think your problem is related to serial_cs.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 Serial core