AW: need help: cs: unable to map card memory

Storm Nicholas.Storm at orthkluth.com
Fri Jun 17 13:56:16 EDT 2005

hi jar,

thank you very much for answering! i had pretty much given up hope that anyone would show mercy with a humble newbie! i must admit, that my recent research has taught me the lesson, that ds is not an actual module anymore.

currently, i am using kernel version 2.6.11.4-21.2-default (precompiled by suse).

i have toyed around with the installation a bit and found out in the runlevel-editor, that the pcmcia module (including pcmcia_core, yenta_socket and so forth) was scheduled to be started in runlevels 3,4 and 5! surely i do not need to start the same module over and over again in different runlevels?

so, despite my boot-option: NOPCMCIA=yes, pcmcia-modules were loaded in the boot process nevertheless. that is why i could find the loaded modules described below by lsmod even though they were actually not supposed to be loaded. so, i have "deleted" the pcmcia-module from the boot process in order to get a "fresh" system pcmcia-wise. currently, i am updating the system with the latest packages from suse. then, a reboot may better show me what i am up against.

do you think this is a feasible procedure?

thanks a lot!

nick