No IRQ for TI 1130 PCMCIA on Thinkpad 760XL

Thomas Wentzien tw542 at drexel.edu
Tue Jun 7 18:15:12 EDT 2005

Hi anyone and everyone, I've got an old Thinkpad 760XL running Gentoo Linux
with kernel gentoo-sources-2.6.11-r9.  I'm getting the typical IRQ not
getting assigned error that seems to be common with the older TI chipsets.
After browsing through the list I found these two threads
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-pcmcia/2003-July/000153.html
and
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-pcmcia/2004-October/001182.html
I was just wondering if anything has changed or if any work is planned on
adding ISA IRQs in the kernel 2.6 drivers (or possibly even 2.7 or 2.8
kernel).  I should be fine running the 2.4 version of the kernel and
compiling David Hinds pcmcia-cs with his drivers still, right?  This laptop
is the one that I'd like for all of my classes.  My other laptop is newer,
but only has a passive matrix screen (ouch, curse gateway), and the only
wireless card I have is 32-bit.  Thanks for any help you can give me in
advance.
Thomas Wentzien