2.6.13-rc4: yenta_socket and swsusp

Andreas Steinmetz ast at domdv.de
Sat Jul 30 13:30:14 EDT 2005

[please CC me on replies, as I'm not subscribed]

I do have problems with yenta_socket on my x86_64 laptop which appear
when using swsusp (suspend to disk mode).

1. When I do not access any pcmcia device from initrd during boot
   I have to terminate cardmgr, otherwise suspend to disk hangs.
   For 2.6.11 it was sufficient to call 'cardctl eject'.

2. When I have to access a pcmcia device from initrd during boot
   (there's required crypto keys stored on a pcmcia flash disk)
   and I do not unload yenta_socket prior to suspend the laptop
   spontaneously reboots or just hangs on resume when swsusp has
   finished loading.

3. If I do not unload the pcmcia modules prior to suspend with
   rmmod -w unloading yenta_socket fails.

4. If I do unload the pcmcia modules in a loop with rmmod -w
   but no delay between unloading the modules it happens from
   time to time that yenta_socket unloading hangs with a use
   count of 2 when there is definitely no more user of the module.
   A delay of 50 msec after unload of each pcmcia module seems
   to cure this.

5. If I insert yenta_socket within the first few seconds after resume
   the laptop spontaneously reboots. A 5 second delay seems to cure
   this.
Andreas Steinmetz                       SPAMmers use robotrap at domdv.de