Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net
Thu Jul 28 04:14:43 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 01:35:58PM +1200, Matt Brown wrote:
> 2) Is it possible to load a module and have it only bind to a single
> PCMCIA socket?
>
> If the answer to either of those questions is no, I guess I can't do
> what I want, that's life, I'll work around it :) but if I can it would
> be wonderful.
The following may work, but it's only from reading things that I'm aware of the
idea.

Go and look up this recent thread in LKML:
'[RFC] bind and unbind drivers from userspace through sysfs'

From the stuff in that thread, it looks like it may be possible to load
a driver and have it NOT automatically bind to a device, and then the
user can do the binding manually.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robbat2 at orbis-terrarum.net