pcmcia not working on thinkpad x40

Carlos Maldonado kamihacker at sohost.net
Sun Jul 17 02:38:26 EDT 2005

cs: unable to map card memory!

and I feel silly already because I had to put a memory stick in the
reader to make it work, it doesn't get work by itself

now it makes the expected low tone beep and then it logs that into
/var/log/messages

I was reading about the memory addresses to reserve, but I still don't
have a hint on my correct values to put at /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and
that is not on the howto

by the way building 2.6.12.3 led to

   CC      net/netlink/af_netlink.o
net/netlink/af_netlink.c: In function `netlink_dump':
net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1098: error: too few arguments to function
`__nlmsg_put'
net/netlink/af_netlink.c: In function `netlink_ack':
net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1181: error: too few arguments to function
`__nlmsg_put'
make[2]: *** [net/netlink/af_netlink.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [net/netlink] Error 2
make: *** [net] Error 2

replying y and n in two different times to all the messages about
reversing or patch already applied... I'm at lost really

Carlos