pcmciautils and auto mount?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Fri Jul 8 02:58:22 EDT 2005

Dominik,

Thanks for your reply.

>>Using files like ide.opts, network.opts and wireless.opts under
>>/etc/pcmcia/ the cardmgr configured an inserted card automagically.
>>
>>Now I played with linux-2.6.13-rc1 and pcmciautils.
>>
>>My cards ard detected and the appropriate modules loaded.
>
>>But how could I
>>automount and ide card or autoconfigure a network card?
>
> Using "hotplug" in one of its variants (hotplug, hotplug-ng, diethotplug(?)
> and so on). For network interfaces, a script (which you probably need to
> adapt slightly depending on your distribution or configuration) is already
> included in the hotplug package ( etc/hotplug/net.agent ), a similar one
> should be easy to write for IDE - ide.agent.

I managed to "hack" net.agent to call to old /etc/pcmcia/network

             # Fake /var/lib/pcmcia/stab for pcmcia-cs scripts
             echo "dummy dummy dummy dummy $INTERFACE" > /var/lib/pcmcia/stab
             /etc/pcmcia/network start $INTERFACE || exit 1

Now a network card gets configured. Even with wireless stuff.

I tried the same with ide.agent: faking stab and calling the old
"/etc/pcmcia/ide start <drive>". But I don't now how to figure out the <drive>.

But I am not sure if this is the way to go.
What's the difference between block.agent and ide.agent?

--
Steven