cardbus/pcmcia under fedora core 4

Storm n.storm at web.de
Wed Jul 6 07:34:13 EDT 2005

hi list,

i have been attentively following your correspondence for the past
couple of weeks in my endeavour to find a solution to my problem. i have
posted to this list before with respect to another linux distribution
(suse 9.3). i have now turned to fedora core 4 hoping that there would
be no problems, but i seem to be in the same jam as before. i hope that
you will be patient with me. here is my problem:

i have a gericom laptop masterpiece 2440 xl.
system specifications:
p4 2.4 ghz
15'' tft display
ultra ata 40 gb hdd
512 mb ddr-ram
ati radeon 9000 mobility 64 mb
cardbus bridge ENE technology inc. cb 1410 cardbus controller

i am currently trying to correctly install pcmcia under fedora core on
this laptop, but to no avail. linux will load all pcmcia modules
(pcmcia, yenta_socket, pcmcia_core) without any messages in the system
logs. when i use cardmgr, the system freezes completely. thats the end
of story. output of