PCMCIA init script for 2.6.12

Jar jar at pcuf.fi
Mon Jul 4 14:52:37 EDT 2005

Jar wrote:

When I continue to play with 'service pcmcia restart' in my Toshiba
laptop (2.6.11.1-xxx_FC4), I run into situation where no client drivers
are loaded, pcmcia card is ejected by cardctl eject, cardmgr not is
running but pcmcia related modules are hevily in use. They cannot be
unloaded. Why the use count of the pcmcia module can be 6?

Module                  Size  Used by
pcmcia                 29025  6
yenta_socket           21449  2
rsrc_nonstatic         12737  1 yenta_socket
pcmcia_core            50909  3 pcmcia,yenta_socket,rsrc_nonstatic

Is it really so, it is not possible any more to completely load/unload
the whole pcmcia system by the init script? Is this because the "old"
cardmgr system is used?

--
Best Regards, Jar