PCMCIA init script for 2.6.12

Jar jar at pcuf.fi
Sun Jul 3 16:09:22 EDT 2005

Hello

Part of my current pcmcia init script as below:

  stop)
         echo -n $"Shutting down PCMCIA services: "
         /sbin/cardctl eject && sleep 1
         if [ -s /var/run/cardmgr.pid ] ; then
             PID=`cat /var/run/cardmgr.pid`
             kill $PID
             # Give cardmgr a few seconds to handle the signal
             for N in 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5 ; do
                 kill -0 $PID 2>/dev/null || break
                 sleep 2
             done
         fi
         killall -q "CardBus Watcher"
         if grep -q "^pcmcia " /proc/modules ; then
             /sbin/modprobe -r pcmcia
             /sbin/modprobe -r $PCIC 2>/dev/null || \
                 /sbin/modprobe -r yenta_socket 2>/dev/null
             /sbin/modprobe -r rsrc_nonstatic
             /sbin/modprobe -r pcmcia_core
         fi
         echo $"done."
         rm -f /var/lock/subsys/pcmcia

         EXITCODE=0
         ;;

After updrading from 2.6.10-1.xxx_FC2 to 2.6.12-1.1387_FC4 with the new
module rsrc_nonstatic, my pcmcia init script 'stop)' case doesn't work
any more. I have try to add '/sbin/modprobe -r rsrc_nonstatic' but still
doesn't do pcmcia stop properly.

After service pcmcia stop, two [pccardd] processes left running and all
the pcmcia related modules (pcmcia_core, rsrc_nonstatic,pd6729 and
pcmcia) are reported to be in use.

Any ideas how to improve the init script so that it can do a clean
pcmcia unloading?

--
Best Regards, Jar