pd6729 infinite eventloop

Bill O'Donnell billodo at visi.com
Mon Feb 21 10:33:22 EST 2005

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 09:15:27AM +0900, komurojun-mbn at nifty.com wrote:
> It may be a PCI-to-PCI bridge issue.
> Your pd6729 is connected on the PCI-to-PCI bridge.
> Can you change the slot your pd6729 borad is connected to?
>
> 0000:02:0c.0 PCI bridge: Texas Instruments PCI2050 PCI-to-PCI Bridge
> 0000:03:0e.0 PCI bridge: Digital Equipment Corporation DECchip 21154

I'm not sure if moving the carrier card to a different slot will make
a difference.  The processor card is installed in the "system slot",
and I've tried the carrier in a couple of the remaining slots. I assume
the system slot (marked with a triangle) should be dedicated to the
processor, and one can take their pick from the other slots for peripherals.
I'm told there may be a way to disable the PCI-PCI bridge in the BIOS,
but I can't seem to find that capability.

Best regards,
Bill