PCMCIA Problem Kernel 2.6.11-rc3-bk7

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Sun Feb 13 04:35:22 EST 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 03:14:47PM +0100, Andreas Millinger wrote:
> I have compiled a Kernel 2.6.11-rc3-bk7 under Suse Linux 9.2. I also
> have a Kernel 2.6.10 running. When I shutdown the Laptop with no card
> inserted, an Error occurse:
>
> FATAL: Module yenta_socket is in use
>
> With a 3com Bluetooth PCMCIA Card there is a freez at shutdown wih the
> following error:
>
> Shuting down PCMCIA cardmgr [3595]: check cmd exited with status 1
> cardmgr[3595]: exiting: `./serial stop ttyS16 2>&1`
> cardmgr[3595]: +/dev/ttyS16:
>
> With 2.6.10 there isn't any problem.

Do both problems also appear if you stop the PCMCIA subsystem from the
command line, i.e. (as root) you do

# /etc/init.d/pcmcia stop

> Have there been changes in the Kernel modules of 2.6.11-rc3-bk7, that
> causes that problem? Or do I have to change the initscript?

There have been many changes to the PCMCIA subsystem; I very much hope that
changes in the initscript aren't necessary. Could you send me the
initscript used by SuSE 9.2  (assuming it is GPL), please, as well as the
output of "lspci" of 2.6.11-rc3-bk7 under normal operation when a) the card
isn't inserted, and b) when the card is inserted.

Thanks,