Statically built yenta does not work anymore (in FC5)

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Wed Aug 24 06:36:03 EDT 2005

Hi!

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 04:57:35PM -0700, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> > If yenta is built-in, you need to "cold-plug" pcmcia_sockets, i.e. make sure
> > pcmcia-socket-startup is called for each pcmcia_socket already registered.
>
> Suppose that I found a way to make pcmcia-socket-starupt run on boot.
> What would be the right test to decide if I have to run it?

Check whether /sys/class/pcmcia/pcmcia_socket/available_resources_io _and_
/sys/class/pcmcia/pcmcia_socket/available_resources_mem contain anything,
and if they don't, start pcmcia-socket-startup unconditionally.

> However, is it safe to execute pcmcia-socket-startup for every socket
> regardless of its type? Fedora runs on x86 and ppc.

Yes, regardless of its type, as long as the entries in
/etc/pcmcia/config.opts are sane.

Thanks,