o Xircom CardBus ethernet cards lock up some Toshiba laptops

Julius Schwartzenberg julius at zgod.cjb.net
Tue Aug 23 13:43:34 EDT 2005

Hi,
I'm using a Toshiba laptop with a Xircom ethernet card and I have the
locking up problem. I was wondering if anyone had a solution for it.

Here are the things that I've tried.
At first I had it working without problems, but there where some
infrared errors during bootup. I tried compiling in the infrared driver,
danauboe, in my kernel, but then the locking up problems started.
Compiling a kernel with toshoboe instead of danauboe compiled in still
locked up. Then I compiled a kernel without any infrared support and I
still had lockups. It seems to only work with infrared compiled as
modules, but this seems really weird.

With a 2.6 kernel, I do not have this problem at all.
I'm using Gentoo Linux with a vanilla 2.4.30 kernel.

Is anyone aware of other things that I could try or solutions for the
problem?
Thanks in advance,
Julius