pcmcia-cs-3.3.8

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Fri Aug 5 17:42:44 EDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 01:43:51PM -0400, Nathan M wrote:
> >I'm trying to install PCD-TP-202CS PCI to PCMCIA bridge which uses TI
> >1420PDV chipset. The Linux OS I'm using is CentOS4.1. According to the
> >vendor info, in order to make it work, my OS must contain one of the
> >following Card Services files:
> >      1. pcmcia-cs-3.3.8, or
> >      2. pcmcia-cs-3.0.14
>
> >Where can I download pcmcia-cs-3.3.8 package?
>
> Before you search and download for anything I would search your
> modules directory:
> /lib/modules/`uname -r`/
> for the following modules if running a 2.6.xx kernel:
> 8250.ko
> 8250_pci.ko
> serial_cs.ko

Ignore this reply; as far as I can tell it has nothing to do with your
question.

There is no such thing as pcmcia-cs-3.3.8.  The latest release is
3.2.8.  CentOS 4.1 comes with a pcmcia-cs-3.2.7 RPM and you should
just install that; the differences between 3.2.7 and 3.2.8 are
inconsequential.

-- Dave