semantics & syntax of the module options in config.opts

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Sat Apr 30 00:04:13 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 05:14:55PM -0400, John Lumby wrote:

> device "dummy" module "airo"
> module "airo" opts "pc_debug=99"
>
> I put "dummy" because I don't know what is expected here if anything.
> That did result in getting rid of the error message but (I think) my option
> was not passed (not quite sure and would have to add yet more code to find
> out).
>
> At this point - can someone please state the definitive rules for
> specifying module options in config.opts.

You can only use config.opts to specify module options for modules
that are managed by cardmgr.

If there is not already a device definition in the config files that
refers to the "airo" module, then the "airo" module is not being
managed by cardmgr.  Put your module options in /etc/modules.conf.

The semantics of the config file is explained in 'man pcmcia'.

-- Dave