Problem with Ricoh PCI-PCMCIA and GC75

naganagouda.meti at wipro.com naganagouda.meti at wipro.com
Tue Apr 26 00:09:40 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I am a newbie to the Linux pcmcia world. I have Ricoh pci-pcmcia card
bridge and Sony Ericsson GC75 wireless modem card.
I am using RedHat 9.0 with 2.4.20-18 kernel.

In the smp image it is recognizing the card bridge and assigning the IRQ
to it. But when I ran the cardctl ident I am getting unknown device
message.
But in the non-smp version of kernel image it is not even assigning the
IRQ to card bridge.

Actually I don't know whether kernel 2.4 supports pci-pcmcia or not.
Shall I need to upgrade it to 2.6?

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,
Nagan,

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately