PCMCIA: O2Micro Cardbus problems. PCI-IDS: 0000:02:06.1 Class 0607: 1217:7223

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.co.uk
Sun Apr 24 08:17:15 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have an HP compaq NC6000 notebook with the "O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711M3
SmartCardBus MultiMediaBay Controller".

I have a Cardbus 32bit PCMCIA card that fails to work.
When I insert the PCMCIA card, a new line in the lspci appears.
"0000:07:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB0400 Audigy2
Value"

I am currently writing a Linux driver for this card.
It is using IO ports 4800-483f. See attachment for details of lspci output.
With the card inserted and pci enabled, I can use outl() functions in my
driver, but as soon as I try an inl() function, the whole PC system hangs.

If I boot the same PC to Windows XP, the PCMCIA card works fine in the
same slot, so this is not a hardware failure.

If I insert a different non-cardbus PCMCIA card, cardmgr recognises it,
and it works fine passing data.

It is just this cardbus 32bit PCMCIA card that is the problem.

Do any of you have any data sheets on the O2 Micro chips, so that I
could try fixing this? Do any of you have any ideas that I could try.
Hopefully, this will just be a matter of modifying the function:
static int o2micro_override(struct yenta_socket *socket)

to work with this new o2micro chip.

Any help would be appreciated.

James