Pcmcia hotplug question

Jar jar at pcuf.fi
Wed Apr 20 12:54:23 EDT 2005

> On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 12:37:14AM +0300, Jar wrote:
>>
>> With this new pcmcia hotplug system, if we have e.g. Prism II card which
>> can use modules; orinoco_cs or hostap_cs. How to force the system to use
>> either one? Does the hotplug scripts support some blacklist or something?
>
> Most probably these devices do have different product, card and/or
> manufactor IDs. Only the appropriate ones for the specific module should be
> entered into the pcmcia_device_table[]. Or do two devices requiring
> different drivers look _exactly_ the same with regard to product, card and
> manufactor IDs?

I mean that, if we have a card, lets say 'Compaq WL200'. It has 'manfid: 0x0138,
0x0002'. At least orinoco_cs or hostap_cs drivers can run this card.

in hostap_cs.conf we have:
card "Compaq WL200"
   version "Compaq", "WL200_11Mbps_Wireless_PCI_Card"
   bind "hostap_cs"

and in orinoco_cs.c we have:
PCMCIA_DEVICE_MANF_CARD(0x0138, 0x0002),

After the hostap driver is merged into the offical kernel, which driver the pcmcia
hotplug system will load? Orinoco_cs or hostap_cs? If someone want to use orinoco_cs
instead of hostap_cs and vice versa, what to do then?

--
Best Regards, Jar