Pcmcia hotplug question

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Wed Apr 20 08:54:51 EDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 12:37:14AM +0300, Jar wrote:

> With this new pcmcia hotplug system, if we have e.g. Prism II card which
> can use modules; orinoco_cs or hostap_cs. How to force the system to use
> either one? Does the hotplug scripts support some blacklist or something?

Most probably these devices do have different product, card and/or
manufactor IDs. Only the appropriate ones for the specific module should be
entered into the pcmcia_device_table[]. Or do two devices requiring
different drivers look _exactly_ the same with regard to product, card and
manufactor IDs?

Thanks,