A simple driver!

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.net
Fri Apr 1 13:35:31 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 02:42:17PM -0700, subhash at nmsu.edu wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a master's student and just started to understand the linux pcmcia. I have
> written a simple driver which registers as a client driver but the attach
> routine is not running after i register the driver. Can u please see my code and
> suggest me where did i make a mistake?

Did you
a) either inform cardmgr in /etc/pcmcia/config* of the identity of the card,
and that it should "bind" testdriver for it,
b) or use 2.6.12-rc1-mm4 and use an "id_table" as described in
Documentation/pcmcia/ ? [no, you didn't do the latter, as I can see by
looking at the code, but you should -- that's how it will be done in future
:-) ]

Thanks,