iflash2_mtd, memory_cs, pcmciamtd - I want to access my Intel Series 2 Flash dammit!

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Wed Sep 29 03:14:30 EDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 08:37:10PM -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> I'm trying to set up access to an Intel Series 2 Flash card for a
> project, but I'm not having any luck at all.
>
> Under 2.4.*:
> iflash2_mtd and memory_cs packaged with pcmcia-cs don't compile.
> and pcmciamtd doesn't detect the card at all.

It is not the job of pcmciamtd to detect the card so you should be
more specific, i.e., show system log messages, that sort of thing.

> I'm going to try out a 2.6 kernel, but I'm wondering what the status of
> iflash2_mtd is, as it doesn't exactly look to be actively maintained.

iflash2_mtd is not actively maintained, as it was only ever used by a
handful of people, and is deprecated along with all the other kernel
drivers in the pcmcia-cs package.

-- Dave