*** DANGER *** unable to remove socket power

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Sep 21 15:51:42 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 04:19:42PM +0100, puggy at gentoo.org wrote:
> I've seen this page (http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/)on the problem but I
> don't know whether this is the problem or not and whether the solution can be
> adapted for the different PCMCIA device. If it can, I am not sure on the
> specifics of how to do so.

>From a quick look at that I think I can draw two conclusions:
1. this is not x86 since your RAM doesn't seem to appear in /proc/iomem.
2. you have less than or equal to 2GB of RAM.

Certainly if (2) is true, it won't be caused by the same reasons as
documented on the website.

So, can you say anything further about the setup of the machine?

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/