FW: TI1510 probelm - can you help direct me?

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Wed May 5 20:46:46 BST 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Warren Melnick wrote:

> One time it made it through:
> Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
> Yenta TI: socket 00:0b.0, mfunc 0x00c01002, devctl 0x66
> Yenta TI: socket 00:0b.0 probing PCI interrupt failed, trying to fix
> Yenta TI: socket 00:0b.0 falling back to parallel PCI interrupts
> hub.c: port 5 over-current change
> hub.c: port 6 over-current change
> Yenta TI: socket 00:0b.0 no PCI interrupts. Fish. Please report.
> Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x0040, PCI irq 0
> Socket status: 30000007

hub.c is a part of the USB driver.  Something is happening to the USB bus
while the PCMCIA bridge is being probed.

I've seen similar problems.  The symptoms are different, but the hang is
more likely if a 5V card is used and some USB devices are attached.  It
seems that the PCMCIA bridge starts sucking too much power or does
something wrong with the PCI bus.

This problem doesn't happen with the i82365 driver from pcmcia-cs.  Since
you are using a 2.4 kernel it should be possible for you.  Use the
"irq_mode=0" parameter to the i82365 module to force PCI interrupts.

I'm trying to figure out what is wrong in the kernel yenta_socket driver,
but it may take some time.

> Any ideas or steps forward would be appreciated.  I am perfectly willing
> and happy to spend whatever time and effort it takes to get this
> working.

All you need to do is to find out what i82365 does right but
yenta_socket does wrong.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin