FW: TI1510 probelm - can you help direct me?

Warren Melnick warren at cacmedia.tv
Wed May 5 11:43:26 BST 2004

HI all - I just found this list.  I sent this email to Daniel Ritz
earlier and I am sending it here as well.  Hopefully someone can help me
figure this problem out:

I am writing to you hoping perhaps you can point me in the right
direction.

I am working on getting linux (kernel 2.4.25) to run on a custom
motherboard that uses a TI1510 PCMCIA controller.  I have seen your name
all over the emails of the people trying to fix this.  I am going to
enclose what I am seeing here and hoping that at a bare minimum you can
point me to the right list to join to help solve this problem.  I am a C
programmer, although generally not at the driver level.

I applied your pcmcia-ti-routing-9_v24.patch, although I did have to do
a bit by hand because of rejected chunks, one in yenta.c and one in
pci_ids.h, but I believe I got those right.

Most of the time it crashes here:
Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
Yenta TI: socket 00:0b.0, mfunc 0x00c01002, devctl 0x66

One time it made it through:
Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
Yenta TI: socket 00:0b.0, mfunc 0x00c01002, devctl 0x66
Yenta TI: socket 00:0b.0 probing PCI interrupt failed, trying to fix
Yenta TI: socket 00:0b.0 falling back to parallel PCI interrupts
hub.c: port 5 over-current change
hub.c: port 6 over-current change
Yenta TI: socket 00:0b.0 no PCI interrupts. Fish. Please report.
Yenta ISA IRQ mask 0x0040, PCI irq 0
Socket status: 30000007

The PCMCIA functions do work properly under WinXP, so I know that the
controller is OK.

During startup, the device is listed as Bus 0, Device 11, Function 0,
Vendor 104C, Device AC56, Class 0607, Device Class PCI/CardBus Bridge,
IRQ 5.  However, IRQ5 is shared amongst a number of devices.

With some debug statements, I believe that I have figured out that it is
hanging at:
exca_writeb(socket, I365_CSCINT, I365_CSC_STSCHG);
in yenta.c.

The interesting other thing that I noticed was that is a put a bunch of
debug statements into the function in yenta.c it made it through every
time, perhaps it has something to do with timing.

Any ideas or steps forward would be appreciated.  I am perfectly willing
and happy to spend whatever time and effort it takes to get this
working.

Regards,
Warren Melnick