buffer I/O error, trying to use SimpleTech compact flash via pcmcia

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Thu Jun 24 17:17:25 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 07:28:06PM +0100, Russell King wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 12:09:32PM -0600, Lloyd Carothers wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 17:36, Russell King wrote:
> >
> > cardctl status shows:
> > [bat dead], [bat low]
> > which doesn't make since since there is no battery in these things
>
> That's a little weird, because IO cards just don't report those things.

IO cards report these things via the "Pin Replacement Register", if
implemented.  And that is what the "get status" function uses.

I don't think this has anything whatsoever to do with the problem.
The card presumably has implemented the PRR but these bits are just
returning nonsense because the card has no battery.

-- Dave