Having problem with a sever which has 18 PCI slots to run 18 PCMC IA cards

Randy.Dunlap rddunlap at osdl.org
Thu Dec 16 19:16:45 EST 2004

Khamar, Kalpit K (Kalpit) wrote:
> I think David Hinds is right. Those slots are on different PCI bus. I run the P series diag on those slots and also cardbus and seems like, the PCI to PCMCIA adapter which has PCI bus 2 is able to see PCMCIA card and any other PCI bus is not able to see PCMCIA card. But issue here is that the Linux operating system do see those PCI to PCMCIA adapters even though  they are on different PCI bus. Is there any place i can make some configuration modification so that i will be able to route PCI to PCMCIA on different PCI bus?
> Anybody had test multiple P222 PCI to PCMCIA adapters on one systems before? If yes then how many maximum? Any suggestion or advice to look for a server which has multiple PCI slots which can support multiple PCI to PCMCIA adapters?
> Please let me know if you need more information.
> Thanks
> Kalpit

Does anyone have specs/datasheets for the ENE cardbus controllers?

The PCI config space (for the ENE) says (e.g.):
IO begin: d000
IO end:   d100
Hopefully that IO end should just be d0ff so that IO space usage
isn't doubled.  Anyone know for sure?

Also, if it's a BIOS space assignment issue (like David suggested),
you could try some of the other pci bios init options (change
either the kernel .config and rebuild, or just use pci=option
on the boot command line):

pci=bios
pci=nobios
pci=nosort