Yenta and IRQ0

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Aug 10 12:30:30 EDT 2004

Hi,

Is there any reason that we're not just out-right refusing to allow
yenta to initialise if we find that we don't have the PCI interrupt
assigned by the PCI subsystem/BIOS ?

FWICS, we try to emulate the status change interrupt handling via
a timer in yenta.c, but this only half-solves the issue - PCI drivers
for cardbus cards themselves won't work with this arrangement.

Could we instead refuse to initialise and print a (hopefully) useful
message to prompt users to check their BIOS settings/ACPI settings?

Comments?

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/