2.6.x kernels & PCI-to-PCMCIA bridges [again]

jar jar at pcuf.fi
Sat Apr 17 15:33:05 BST 2004

Russell King wrote:
> Komuro did do some further work to fix the driver according to my
> review comments, complained that it didn't work, and somehow expected
> me to be able to diagnose it without seeing an updated patch.
>
> There are times when you do wonder if people think you're capable of
> mind reading or better. ;(
>
> I'll go and prod him again.

Thanks for your time Russell! I think it's sad if the kernel has no more
support this so common pci-pcmcia bridge chip (pd6729) as it did in the
2.4 series via external pcmcia package. The code is almost there so
there shouldn't be a lot of work to do?

For me personally the lack of pd6729 driver causes that I have to live
with 2.4 kernel (this is hard because of the other drivers I need will
only compile against the 2.6 in the future), change my 100% working
hardware or switch to windows. I will try to avoid the latter
alternative as long as possible :)

Regards, Jar