2.6.x kernels & PCI-to-PCMCIA bridges [again]

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Sat Apr 17 10:54:59 BST 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 11:37:32PM +0300, jar wrote:
> About one month ago I asked:
>
>  >Apparently there is no support for the PCI-to-PCMCIA bridges in the
>  >2.6.x kernels, because the external pcmcia-cs package can't be used
>  >there.
>  >
>  >What is going to happen wlan cards and others that are based on the
>  >PCI-to-PCMCIA bridge, like Compaq WL200/LG/Samsung (Cirrus pd6729
> chip) >etc. ?
>  >
>  >I found Komuro's patch for the 2.6.x
> (http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/2/1/15) >which adds the pd6729 support to the
> 2.6.x kernel.
>  >
>  >Is there any plans to add that patch or any patch that adds the pd6729
>  >support to the 2.6.x kernel in the near future?
>
> Any progress happened in this matter ?

Komuro did do some further work to fix the driver according to my
review comments, complained that it didn't work, and somehow expected
me to be able to diagnose it without seeing an updated patch.

There are times when you do wonder if people think you're capable of
mind reading or better. ;(

I'll go and prod him again.

--
Russell King