[linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp+cardbus+M6807 notebook=distortion -- First good news

Russell King rmk+lkml at arm.linux.org.uk
Sun Apr 11 15:25:27 BST 2004

(Note: I've dropped one of the mailing lists from the CC line because
they appear to have zero interest in my messages.)

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 11:30:31PM -0400, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> I am aware that this burst stuff should be enabled on the 2.6 kernel,
> however I am still getting bad results.

Are you saying that you have tried the 2.6.5 kernel?

> The 06 to 04 may be the critical element as even when I have everything
> properly running in Win32, when I alter this number the distortion returns

$ setpci -s a.0 0xc9.b

will display the value of this register under Linux, and:

$ setpci -s a.0 0xc9.b=value

will set it to the desired value.  However, check that a.0 is the
cardbus bridge first by using:

$ lspci

> If I do figure out the problem in Linux and find out that a particular
> register is the issue, how can I make my linux box adjust this register at
> boot-time (a simple hack-like script in a form of a service comes to mind
> but I was hoping to perhaps see a more universal solution if possible)?

The correct solution is to put a quirk into the kernels yenta driver,
but we'd need the results from your testing first.

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/