[linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp+cardbus+M6807 notebook=distortion -- First good news

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Sat Apr 10 00:30:31 BST 2004

Thank you very much for an exhaustive breakdown of this issue! Your
assistance has been truly helpful!

I am aware that this burst stuff should be enabled on the 2.6 kernel,
however I am still getting bad results.

The 06 to 04 may be the critical element as even when I have everything
properly running in Win32, when I alter this number the distortion returns
(it is almost like an azimuth on old analogue tape decks that one would
adjust using screwdriver in order to successfully load a program into a
Commodore64 or the legendary Sinclair ZX Spectrum :-).

If I do figure out the problem in Linux and find out that a particular
register is the issue, how can I make my linux box adjust this register at
boot-time (a simple hack-like script in a form of a service comes to mind
but I was hoping to perhaps see a more universal solution if possible)?

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer & multimedia sculptor
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/