AW: PCMCIA can't be probed during kernel loading????

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri Jul 11 18:28:33 BST 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 linux at brodo.de wrote:

> > Apparantly, the Red Hat installer has such a list of currently known
> > SMI ports and other quirks, and builds a custom configuration for
> > cardmgr at installation based upon the hardware it discovers in the
> > machine.
> Is this installer open-source? If so, does anybody know where I can grab
> the sources?

It should be open source.  I think it's Anaconda, and it's available in
the source form e.g. here:
ftp://ftp.rutgers.edu/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/SRPMS/SRPMS/anaconda-9.0.90-3.20030514173933.src.rpm

Check the files loader2/pcmcia.c and loader2/pcmciatest.c - it seems to be
a reimplementation of cardmgr.

As I understand the code, function detectHardware() in pcmciatest.c loads
modules for the devices that can potentially interfere with PCMCIA.  I
don't see any other resource management beyond that.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin